Enables viewing of 3D images in various formats.
Supports MPO files, Side by Side, Top/Bottom and interleaved stereo pairs in JPG, JPS, PNG, TIFF and animated GIF files as source format. Left and Right sides can be in two different files. MPO files supported only in OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
Since version 2.5 you could view 3D-images also directly from the web pages (and play slideshow) and by dragging them from other applications. Text from Title or Alt html tags used in window title for the images opened from the web pages. If pressing Find images button quickly finds nothing, press it once more.
You can view stereo pairs in MPO containers produced by Fujifilm Real 3D W3, Nintendo 3DS, HTC smartphones with stereo cameras, Sony cameras with 3D functions and other.
If you have problems with some MPO files, send me a sample image, please.
3D viewing is available in several modes including:
- Stereogram for Cross and Parallel viewing methods
- Stereogram for Top/Bottom viewing method with special glasses
- different kinds of Anaglyph mode for Reg/Cyan and Green/Magenta glasses
- Left or Right eye only
- Vertical and Horisontal Interlaced modes for 3D monitors with polarized glasses
- zoom up to 100% and pan through the whole image in all modes
Slideshow mode with various effects and adjustable time interval.
Use Right and Left arrow keyboard keys or onscreen Navigation buttons to view all images in the current folder.
Export 3D views in to JPG, PNG or TIFF files in any supported mode. Export options stores separately from the current viewing mode options, so you can view images in one comfortable mode and export with another.
Export feature available through In-App purchase.
Supports Mac OS X Lion Full screen mode.
Requires intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
Follow @osxstereo on twitter to track new features and versions.
ver 2.9 (2013.03.16(26))
- Now application will remember those folders to which you grant access to. Just drug and drop needed folder or hard disk to XstereO Player window once
ver 2.8 (2013.02.09)
- fixed incorrect crop box in some exporting modes
ver 2.7 (2012.12.12(*))
- now you can use anaglyph images as source. XstereO Player will decode them and show to you in convenient way.
- full Exif info in exported images.
- saving in Export dialog by pressing Return key.
- fixed some compatibility issues with OS X 10.6.
- other minor enhancements.
ver 2.6 (2012.11.10(12))
- added Export feature (via In-app purchase). Now you can save what you see into JPEG, PNG or TIFF files!
- text from Title or Alt html tags used in window title for the images opened from the web pages
- more detailed progress displayed during web page loading process
ver 2.5 (2012.10.*(14))
- Now you can open sequences of 3D-images directly from the web pages and play slideshow. Use “File->Open Web Page…” or drag saved web page in to the application window.
- now you can drag single 3D-image from iPhoto, Aperture or Web browsers.
- xstereo: URL scheme added. Now you can launch XstereO Player by clicking xstereo:* links on a web pages.
- keyboard shortcut for Swap operation added.
- Online Help added.
- App sandboxing enabled. Now to browse images in folder you need to drag this folder in to the application window first.
- OS X 10.8 full screen compatibility issue fixed.
- fixed issue with transitions in slideshow on OS X 10.8.
- fixed issues with opening files when some dialog is already opened.
- bug fixes.
ver 2.4 (2012.04.08(16))
- fixed support of some MPO files with embedded thumbnails
- fixed reading of some MPO files from volumes with some file systems (FAT32 etc)
ver 2.3 (2012.03.14)
- support for animated GIF files as source
- more error messages are added for the import procedure
ver 2.2 (2012.02.27)
- Slideshow mode and onscreen navigation buttons
ver 2.1 (2012.02.17(22))
- MPO files support
- ability to view full Exif info
ver 2.0 (2012.01.29(28))
- Top/Bottom stereo pairs as source and as viewing method
- Interleaved stereo pairs as source
- source stereo pair can be scaled horizontally and vertically
- 2 separate left and right images as source
- speed improvements
ver 1.0 (2011.10.31(23))
- first version